SUPPORTED STREAMING DEVICESWeb Video Caster supports the most popular streaming devices,allowing your TV to stream videos directly from the web.
• DLNA receivers
• Amazon Fire TV and Fire TV Stick
• Smart TVs: LG Netcast and WebOS, Samsung, Sony, andothers.*
• And more
*If you experience a compatibility issues, contact us andinclude the brand and model number.
• HLS live streams in M3U8 format
• Authenticated videos including movies and TV shows
• MP4 videos
• Live news and sports
• Any HTML5 videos*
*Your streaming device must be capable of decoding the video youare playing. Web Video Caster doesn’t perform any video/audiodecoding or transcoding.
HOW IT WORKS
Web Video Caster is a browser, which allows you to stream videosof movies, TV shows, and other media from the internet to astreaming device or smart tv. Web Video Caster grabs the video URLinside the web page, sends it to the streaming device (i.e.Chromecast, Fire TV, Roku), and then plays the video directly fromthe content provider. This ultimately saves your mobile device’sbattery. It also detects subtitles on the web page. Web VideoCaster does not host these videos. This is not a mirroringapp.
Web Video Caster is also able to cast local videos stored onyour phone or tablet.
The app will also allow you to download videos for which youhave permission to do so. Start the video downloader from the videolist screen. File types include MP4, AVI, WEBM. Excludes livestreams (M3U8, MPEG-Dash).
Follow these simple step-by-step instructions to startstreaming:
1. Find a video online that you want to watch.
2. Make sure this video can play on mobile browsers withoutFlash.
3. Connect to your streaming device.
4. Play the video as you normally would. Or, click the playbutton on the toolbar.
• No in-app advertising
• Home page setting
• Video history
• Resume videos
• Homescreen shortcut
**This functionality does not apply universally to all streamingdevices. Roku does not support resuming or queue.
LIMITATIONS & DISCLOSURES
As with all apps, there are some limitations we are aware of andwant you to know about up front.
• We are in no way associated with any web media providers andwe do not have control over the content they provide.
• Web Video Caster does not support nor play Flash or FLVvideos.
• The app does not support tab casting, like the Chromecastextension for the PC web browser.
• We cannot do anything to fix issues that arise on the server side(media content provider) such as failure to play or buffering,which is especially common during heavy load times andweekends.
• Refunds only issued within 24 hours of purchase and you mustsubmit the order number in text, not a screenshot.
SHARE YOUR FEEDBACK
We are committed to open communication with our users. Pleasecontact us first with any questions or support issues beforeleaving a review. We will respond and address your concernpromptly. Contact us through our user communityhttps://goo.gl/dAE555 or our website http://goo.gl/wjsBpH.
• Phone state – To allow the pausing of videos on incoming phonecall.
• Wi-Fi connection information – Required for the streaming devicesand for the browser.
• Photos/Media/Files (storage in general) – Required for thedownload functionality.
• In-app purchases – For premium version.
• Wake-lock – To keep phone awake while routing videos throughphone. Should only affect live streams and authenticatedvideos.
• Accounts/Identity – Required by Google Play Services (7.5+).