Plex for Android
Plex for Android allows you to browse and play your video, photos, and music right on your Android device, streamed from Plex Media Server on your Mac or your PC. Media is available from CNET, Revision3 and a many other popular online sources. With Plex Media Server for Mac you can stream additional content from Aperture, iPhoto, and iTunes.
Plex for Android may NOT be for you for any of the following reasons:
- Netflix and Hulu are not supported on Plex for Android at this time.
- The app will not currently play video on Honeycomb/Android 3.0 (yes that includes the Xoom).
- The app will work but is not yet optimized for tablets and larger screens.
- Plex for Android won’t be able to do anything unless you setup a server on your PC or Mac – which is available for free at http://www.plexapp.com .
- You want to use Plex to get to your media remotely but you don’t want to think about things like port-forwarding.
We strongly recommend that you have your Plex Media Server all ready to go BEFORE you buy Plex for Android.
used car dealers at&t sprint verizon car rental fitness workout online casino voip servicemake easy money online forex system online auto insurance
- Add preference to disable using secure connections to servers.
- Allow layout selection for home libraries (grid, list, folder).
- Add support for MPEG2 decoding when supported by the local device.
- Inform the user when the app activates as the result of a previous purchase being detected.
- [Android TV] Add support for DTS/DTS-HD Passthrough.
- Resolve issue where device would attempt to playback unsupported audio format, resulting in no audio being heard
- Update 3rd party AirPlay library.
- Resolve AirPlay issue where playback wouldn’t start immediately when using AirServer.
- Resolve remote playback issue where the UI didn’t update playback progress after switching audio, subtitle streams or changing quality.
- Clean up resources when disconnecting from remote playback.
- Don’t crash if the video player is closed at the same time that the next video in the play queue starts playing.
- Fix issue where music playback would stop after unlocking the device screen.
- Resolve issue when attempting to change volume of a remote player that doesn’t support it.
- [TV layout] Fix issue where focused item wasn’t highlighted in track lists.
- [Android TV] Fix issue where movies in a PQ had the “music video” icon.
- Download Apk (link below).
- On your Android device, go to settings > security > allow unknown sources.
- Find downloaded APK on your phone and install it.
- All Done. Enjoy!